Share Our Selves

Share Our Selves
"helping those in need in orange county"

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Robbe Simon Day 3 Reflection

Even though today was only my second day, I felt like I had learned so much more than I usually would have in one day. After ariving there at 9:00, I started my day by sorting deserts into bags that would later be placed in grocery bags along with other foods for our clients. I then moved to packing frozen fish for about an hour. Then for the remainder of the time I packaged grocery bags based on individual orders by our clients. Based on the number of people within a family, I would put together bags incorporating fresh produce, a combination of protein rich foods, canned goods, bread, and some sweet. It was my favorite job because I came face to face with the people I was helping. The instant gratification was such that my clients were immediately excited or upset with my work. After awhile I felt comfortable with my packing abilities, but it was already time to go. For the next service learning day I hope that I can continue to pack groceries and interact personally with the S.O.S clients

No comments:

Post a Comment