Share Our Selves

Share Our Selves
"helping those in need in orange county"

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Leo Kim Service Learning Day 3

Today was my first day at S.O.S because I was in Korea last year. At first, Claudette and I were confused because it was our first time but we learned really quickly. Because it was my first time, I started at packing line. I learned to pack a bag so that the food nutrients are balanced, and to call the number out and hand the bags to the people. It felt really good for I was able to meet the people and see what kind of life they are living. Next, I packed fish and green beans which was less appealing, but was still enjoyable because I was able to work with not only Sage students but people from the neighborhood as well. After, I organized the shelf and later folded and stapled papers. Although it was tedious, it was fun and I felt accoplished as I worked. I really enjoyed volunteering to help the people in worse conditions and I hope that I will be able to ehlp them out even more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment